Wednesday, May 16, 2007

When I First Started to Write My Book...

I am a 48 year old Hispanic woman who once suffered a very high fever and extreme pain throughout my body. I was taken to emergency and the staff was able to reduce my fever from 104 to below 100. However, the extreme pain throughout my body was still there. They did take x-rays and found nothing. People with our illness require more than x-rays. There are other tests that can be administered. They just knew I was suffering from some type of depression, stress or loss of a family member. The fact was I had a fever, they brought it down and just wanted to send me home. Yes indeed, that is what they did. However, they did ask I talk to a social worker prior to my leaving. I politely told her I did not need her services and thanked her for her time.

Meanwhile I went home and slept. The next morning I could not get out of bed. The fatigue was extreme. I had my husband assist me getting out of bed, bathing, and getting dressed for work. I was not about to let this fatigue get me down. It took me more than three hours to get ready with help. I dragged my body to work for the next two weeks and finally made an appointment to see my doctor. I was a Project Manager, busy and very happy with my career. Yes it was stressful however, it was fulfilling and energizing to me. A new experience I was enjoying and learning so much.

Everything on this site is copyright Viv Walters

No comments: