Wednesday, May 16, 2007

WHO AM I?

Who am I? I am one of millions of people who suffer from Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (FMS/CFIDS). There are times I do not want to believe I am ill. My family also fails to recognize the pain I am in, not because they do not love me or care, but because they do not want to admit, believe, or do not understand this miserable illness. As much as they try, unless you experience this yourself, you can not began to understand it. Friends see me, say I look great or look fine. They do not mean to hurt my feelings or undermine my illness. They simply do not understand it or know what to say. I do not blame people for their ignorance or lack of information. Yet I do not understand why people fail to educate themselves or try to understand the support and acceptance people in my situation want. I believe we as human beings tend to try to ignore or accept any bad feelings or news. I have met many individuals who have not received the support and love required by FMS/CFIDS patients. I know I am blessed and I pray that one day they will receive that support, acceptance and love they are worthy of.


Everything on this site is copyright Viv Walters

No comments: