Thursday, November 15, 2007

What is happening today?

Hello My Friends,

I am writing to let you know I have come down with some type of virus that causes an upset stomach, diarrhea and headaches. Not fun. The pain has been extreme for the past few days and today I am just worn out. I slept for a long time and I am still tired. Does that sound familiar? Yes indeed.

I have been following my own advice on pacing and taking good care of myself. Drinking lots of water, taking my supplements and resting. This is what keeps me going. My husband cannot believe I am set on posting everyday in November. Well, today’s post is about me. Sorry.

I have not been able to visit my new Grandchildren since who knows when, I cannot keep up with the dates and I gave up trying a long time ago. As long as I stay positive and take care of myself, the dates do not really matter. I keep a daily journal and I still have to ask about one hundred times a day, what day is it today? Since my husband has a brain injury he also forgets the date. We make a great couple:) Two half brains surviving in this world and trying to teach our children right from wrong. I believe we are succeeding because our young men are all very considerate and loving.

So my niece goes in for surgery early tomorrow morning and I will try very hard to go see her. It may not be before surgery, but I will make it, I am determined. She is very loving and considerate of others. She never forgets a birthday, keeps up with all family illnesses, news, etc. You might call her the family monitor. Bless her heart, she is in so much pain and this surgery is suppose to help. The doctor is placing some type of apparatus in her spine for a period of time to see if it helps her. If it does, then they will implant it forever. She is so brave to undergo this procedure and she is always saying “Auntie, if this helps my pain, maybe you will try it for your pain.” She tends to worry about everybody, she has a big heart and a very brave soul.

I am just afraid to loose total control of feeling pain. Does that sound weird? You see our body has its own natural mechanism alerting us of our pain. I am not against her having this surgery, it is a personal decision. I know how to manage my pain and if I continue sticking to my own pain strategies, I don’t believe I will require surgery. I am much older than she is and I guess I am also afraid of not being in control of my own body. As I said, she is much braver than I am. Plus I truly do not have time to be in a hospital and I need to conserve my energy for my family.

So, I have a favor to ask. Please pray for my niece, Esperanza. Pray that everything goes well and this new technology helps her pain. Pray for a fast recovery.

I thank you and I pray and hope you are not experiencing pain or fatigue.

Fibro Viv

No comments: