Saturday, November 03, 2007

Energizing Activities and Considerations

Physical Activity verses Exercise

I know it is difficult to think about any type of activity when you are extremely fatigue and in extreme pain. Try thinking about physical activity verses exercise. Physical activity basically refers to being in motion while exercise refers to physical exertion, often to develop or maintain physical fitness.

Set attainable goals, such as simple stretches while in bed. Also, try walking slowly around your bedroom or living area. Take it slow and keep yourself motivated, stay positive and ask for help.

I know you can do it. When I have a flare-up, it takes a lot of effort to just get up and take a bath. I start by stretching before I get out of bed. Sometimes I am so fatigued, I cannot even take that bath. So, I use body cleansing cloths and wash myself off. Then I use heat against my body to help the aches and pains. While in bed, I stretch my arms, legs, fingers, hands, etc. Yes, I rest in between each stretch. Try it.

I hope and pray you will try to move today.

Fibro Viv

No comments: