Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My motivational voice came out!

Hello Everyone,

After resting consistently my little motivational voice attempted to get me going, I woke up at 7:30 a.m. in extreme pain and took my medications. I decided to lie back down and try to sleep off the pain. I did fall sleep in until 9:30 a.m.

As you know research notes, excessive periods of prolonged rest can cause deconditioning and may worsen symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome. Therefore, gradual introduction of regular stretching exercises, walking, swimming or any other type of activity at your own pace can help reduce fatigue and improve physical function. I do not believe in jumping into an intensive exercise program. It is very difficult to move when due to the pain, let alone the fatigue. However, we have to start somewhere.

Therefore, my little voice convinced me to gently complete my stretching (although it was painful), call and check on my hubby and update my blog.

I have been lazy about making sure I breathe correctly, so my breathing post has reminded me to schedule in time for breathing exercises. This is what I plan on doing after this post:

- take a long hot bath
- lay down and complete some diaphragmatic breathing exercises
- use spine towels (I believe I posted how to use spine towels on my site)
- slowly get up and separate my laundry, perhaps wash one load.

I promised my son I would spend time catching up on our favorite shows. I am looking forward to Heroes, Castle, and Doll House. I will probably spend the day visiting with him and watching favorite television shows. Who knows what will happen the rest of the day. I know I have to schedule time for meals; we tend to have a good breakfast and nibble the rest of the day. Drinking lots of water is important and I sometimes have a tendency to limit my liquids. Fortunately, my family watches me closely and reminds me to drink more often (water, not alcohol, water, hee hee).

Oh, I will probably throw in some posture scans since I plan to watch television and certainly will use my posture supports when sitting, especially arm supports. Do not forget about using those pillows to support your arms, back, neck, knees, legs, and feet. It feels so good.

I will be thinking about all of you and hope you go back and read some of my tips on posture scans, stabilization, spine towels, and the use of cold and hot therapy pads.

I hope and pray your little voice works on motivating you to take the time and schedule in some simple stretches, posture scans , update your journal and pace.:) Remember we can take control of our health and take small steps towards increasing our strength in faith, hope, and God.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like you have a lovely day planned. I hope you are able to accomplish everything. I hope the best for you.

THE GUYS said...

Thank you for your reminders. Water!!
So important.

Have a great weekend.

THE GUYS

timethief said...

U also have the same conditions so I can relate to what you blog. Best wishes to you. :)

Fibro Viv said...

Thank you everyone for commenting, I have been a bit out of touch. Hoping to get back in the swing of things.

Always thinking of my online friends.

Viv