Monday, February 05, 2007

Where else to go for information and support

The internet is a great tool for conducting research and gathering information about your illness. A search from any one of the many Internet search engines will lead you to a number of organizations that represent the needs and concerns of CFS and FM patients and work hard to raise awareness, funding and support for these debilitating diseases. Such organizations include ProHealth's ImmuneSupport.com (which I have a link to on my blog).

The CFIDS Association of America, The National Fibromyalgia Partnership, The National Fibromyalgia Association, The National CFIDS Association, and The National Fibromyalgia Research Association, among others.

Establishing a support system is crucial to the overall well-being of fibromyalgia and CFS patients. This can start by sharing your story on my blog, I promise to answer your questions and I do understand what you are going through because I suffer from these diseases.

I will lead you to sources or give you information on how to educate your immediate family and friends. They will need to be educated about the patients debilitating symptoms and significant limitations. I want to start a support group in my area (Austin, TX)and also want to help support others via my blog or just email me personally.

I hope and pray that is post has helped someone today. Praying for a pain free day.

Fibro Viv

No comments: