Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Experienced A Flare-Up :(

I am finally feeling human again. I was experiencing a real bad flare. There are people that understand what I mean by "Flare-Up". You end up experiencing a variety of symptoms at different times. With FMS you experience common symptoms such as disturbed sleep, disturbed memory, fatigue, pain, anxiety, sore throat, swollen lymph nodes and depression. I had widespread pain on both sides of my body, above and below the waist for what felt like a long period of time and my multiple tender points were indeed tender.

I am still having problems, but they are now at a level I can manage. There are different methods for managing the physical demands of fatigue, sleeping difficulties and weakness of a chronic disabling condition.

It is all in my attitude, I must try to be positive. My eating patterns, physical activity, strong relationships are all part of my daily life. I know this is not always easy. However, what keeps me going is knowing that I have the support of my family and friends. I also have to believe...believe, someday I will feel better.

There are various ways to do this; like trying to write articles for my blog or another site or by reading. Yes, I am making myself stretch and move around as much as possible. It is painful, so I have to set limits and pace myself. There goes that word I do not like, PACE.


I hope and pray that this post has helped someone today.

No comments: