Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Do you believe you can make a difference?

Hello Everyone,

I start off my post with a question because I was so moved by watching the inauguration and listening to our new President’s speech. I believe everyone in society has a purpose and somehow makes a difference in one, two, maybe several lives. The key is to find that purpose and accept it, share it and stand by your work and word.

I feel good today and have accomplished some chores. On Sunday I was able to make it to my church, Santa Barbara and attend mass. I had prayed to my Lord to give me the strength to wake up on time, get dressed and attend. Well, he answered my prayer. It was interesting because I am not easily awoken. I do not get restful sleep without some type of medication. So, I am either tossing and turning or taking medications that help me sleep. I have tried going without the medications and lasted for a short period of time. Inevitably, I end up requiring the medications or end up experiencing extreme pain and fatigue. Adrenaline can only take me so far. I am still experimenting by trying to eliminate medications and it is not an easy road to take. I don’t apologize for requiring them, but want to someday be free of them.

I hope and pray that sharing my information helps someone today.

Fibro Viv

6 comments:

Speedcat Hollydale said...

You have two very powerful things with you ... HOPE and Faith.

I think both are so important, and sharing your own can bring strenth to others. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us Viv.

Speedy

Fibro Viv said...

Hello Speedy,

You make me smile and are willing to help any time I ask. Thank you for that.

Viv

Anonymous said...

Hi Viv,

So good to hear you took action and worked with the struggle of getting out of bed, dressing and making it out the door to church!

Hope, Faith and Love! You have displayed you have them all. Keep going. Glad you had a good day! I truly understand what that means in our World! Thanks for the pickup! Meant alot!
Cheryl :)

Fibro Viv said...

Hi Cheryl,

I hope your year has started off great. Thanks for the comments.

Viv

Bring Back Pluto said...

Viviana,
I guess the easiest way to make a difference is to focus on loving the people around you: Kids, spouse, partner, family and friends.
But being kind to strangers also helps spread that message.
Thanks for you great post! Your strength is inspirational.

Your friend,
Bring Back Pluto

Elizabeth said...

I will always keep you in my thoughts with the rest of us.