Saturday, January 20, 2018

Most days I find myself...

Hi Everyone!

Here is a little something I posted on another website. Share your journey with the rest of us. I truly enjoy sharing my journey and assisting others when possible. Just know that you are not alone. God Bless

Most days I find myself...
I spend a great amount of time dealing with everyday chores and activities. I always make an effort to complete gentle stretches each morning. I enjoy simple yoga moves, swimming and spending time with my family (includes my dogs).
Given what I know now, I would recommend others...
My only recommendation is that people educate themselves and seek support from a variety of places. Learn to reach out, share your journey, and remain open-minded. Don't be so hard on yourself and know that you are not alone. We all have different symptoms, levels of pain and fatigue. Our lives are enriched when we reach out, listen, touch, and share.
My life has changed in this way...
I have learned to accept the new me and how to manage my pain, fatigue, and energy level. Pacing wasn't part of my vocabulary but it certainly has forced its way into my life. I have learned to listen to my body and manage my stubborn mind in the process. I have also learned to forgive myself for not being able to complete certain tasks, chores, etc. Pacing is an ongoing challenge that will always be part of my life. The key is to fill your life with experiences, not things, and to have stories to tell, not stuff to show.
When I'm having a bad day, I like to...
On a bad day I enjoy long hot baths, meditating, listening to music, binge watching television series and focusing on my blessings. Resting while listening to music or getting a massage while listening to music can be very calming and uplifting.
I hope and pray you have a day free of pain and fatigue.
P.S. You can continue to send me your questions via email. I promise I will respond. God Bless

No comments: