Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Affirm Youself Often


Hi Everyone,

We must affirm ourselves often because we deserve it, giving ourselves compliments will provide a boost to our self-confidence. In the process we must also affirm others because helping others feel good about themselves makes us feel better about ourselves too. The goal is to accept yourself thereby allowing you to open up to the people around you. When we feel pain and fatigue whether it be emotionally or physically the feelings of sadness and anger can cause someone to lose determination or confidence. Affirm Yourself Often. Examples of self-affirmation:

I AM - is a statement of who you are

I CAN - is a statement of your potential

I WILL - is a statement of positive change in your life and what you want to happen moving forward.

Create your own or consider the ones I have written below:

- I am in control of my life and I am willing to take that first step to control my pain and fatigue.

- I can be positive, I can plan to become more active and I can succeed.

- I will focus on remaining positive and I will decrease my pain and fatigue.

Yesterday I wrote that I wanted to blog and share my emotional and physical journey. I think I will separate my relationship grief and possibly discuss how we start to consider building new relationships. I may create a new blog on relationships. So this site will continue focusing on how I deal with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. Let me know what you think.

Part of chronic illness includes a loss of self, social life, money. etc. and our definition of normacy changes. You may be in the initial phase of realizing you have a chronic illness. Where do you stand? Do you want to learn how to take control of your pain and fatigue? I hope so. Are you starting your journey, progressing, or at a stand still?

Personally, I got lazy. Oh I still continued to stretch and eat the right foods, but I did not make an effort to add to my routine. The only reason I continued to stretch was because I trained myself to stretch before getting out of bed and it felt good. I figured out certain foods did not agree with my body and just changed my food choices. I worked on improving my health and eventually my habits changed. Then life changed, I lost Jerry and then I lost interest in my own emotional and physical health and happiness. I'm sharing because I want someone to learn from my mistakes. Don't just survive, I know you are tired, in pain, fatigued, and discouraged. Each time you wake up, you have another chance to make things better, to improve upon your emotional and physical health. You have a choice.

Well you are probably bored so let me end this post with my thoughts for the day:

Take control of your life. Start with one change, and when it feels like part of your usual routine, add another. DO NOT STOP even when you feel pain and fatigue. Once that change feels like second nature, add another, and so on. Don't just survive, make new plans and goals. Affirm Yourself Often.


I hope and pray you have a day free of pain and fatigue.

P.S. Completed my yoga stretches and exercise routine!

No comments: