Friday, August 29, 2008

Do you suffer from neck pain? Do you know why?

When I first started getting sick and had all kinds of symptoms, my neck was in pain and my natural instinct was to hold the front of my neck with my left hand. The pressure I placed on it helped the pain. However, I found that massaging the top of my head helped relieve the pain. I figured out that when I did not get enough rest I would end up with neck pain.

Well, I have been experiencing it for a few days and decided to share my thoughts. I always tell people to listen to their body, and I should have done that when I started to feel fatigued. I feel so great and believe I can keep working while forgetting that I am chronically ill and require a certain amount of rest. Yes, it is great that we feel good, but we have to remember to "PACE."

I am thinking about posting signs on my refrigerator and bedroom door. Or maybe I will post a list of rules. What do you think? Any suggestions?

I hope someone will learn from my own experience how important it is to pace yourself. Slow down, even if you feel great.

Soft hugs and I pray and hope everyone has a pain and fatigue free day.

No comments: