Monday, September 14, 2009

Slow moving today

Hello Everyone!

I hope your day was better than mine. I was slow to wake up and move around. Eventually I made it to the living area and starting sweeping. Yes, sweeping, it was a very slow process and I did it in sections. I get stubborn and refuse to let my fatigue get me down, so I decide to complete a very hard task. I may feel worse after completing my chore but feel proud. I get these crazy ideas in my head and just do it. I was pretty worthless the rest of the day. My sweet hubby kept checking on me and heating up my pad. Two chronic people figuring out how our two half brains can combine and make one good one:)

I don't know if I ever mentioned my hubby was in a car accident in 1987 and suffered a head injury. He has memory problems along with his bad health issues. He is a trooper and does what he can. I truly appreciate him and love him dearly. The weather has affected his breathing and my asthma has tried to kick in. I am using an inhaler for now. I have my asthma under better control than he does. I certainly understand his struggle with COPD. You know what drives me crazy? The doctors assume that people with COPD smoke or smoked sometime in their life. He never smoked however, his parents were heavy smokers. I wish I could take it away from him after all I suffered from asthma for 19 years of my life. In and out of the hospital known as the hospital Queen. Well, I married the King because my hubby has been in and out of the hospital the past 5 or 6 years. We deserve each other. Smile Smile

Do you have certain habits that give your illness away? I noticed that when I am in extreme pain I rock back and forth. I will be sitting down having a conversation and just start rocking back and forth. If I have gone several days with very little sleep and rest periods, my neck hurts and my head feels heavy. I hold the front of my neck to support it. My head just seems to weight more on those days. Luckily my family has caught on to those small tips and remind me to take a pain pill or use my hot therapy. I think I go brain dead because I just sit there and deal with it until someone notices.

People say they are cured and have not had problems for years. Well, good for them. This illness is ongoing and we have to put in extra effort to feel better, not normal, just at an acceptable level. Our mind is powerful but we need help keeping that mind (brain) on track. Don't you think so? I don't know, maybe I am just having crazy thoughts again. At any rate, I am thinking about everyone and hope and pray you had a fatigue and pain free day!

Viv

2 comments:

Jenno said...

Another great post. I find it difficult to stay motivated on those painful flareup days, too. I don't always get off my keester and do anything about it, though. It's certainly difficult to get adequate care without insurance and difficult to get insurance when it's just not affordable. Lately, however, my boyfriend Marco and I have implemented an idea for breaking up big jobs into smaller ones (or just dividing up the housework, as goes for us) called the "job jar." Today's post was about that. Maybe that's something you and your hubby might be able to use too? Best wishes :)

Jenno

Fibro Viv said...

Hello Jenno,

I like that idea of a "job jar." I have been pushing myself and I feel it.

I know what you mean about insurance, too costly, yet we need it. Something is wrong with this picture.

My husband, Jerry is covered by Medicare Part A & B. He ended up having to go to emergency yesterday, his asthma just hasn't cleared up. I don't know what we would do if he wasn't covered by Medicare.

Hope you are having a good day today.