Friday, November 23, 2007

How I Deal?

Everyday we face challenges and have the opportunity to embrace them with a negative or positive attitude. I deal with my pain and fatigue by thinking about how this illness has changed my life and why I try to continue to invest myself in other peoples’ life.

It makes me feel better to share information and answer questions. I am being selfish by doing this. Why do I say that? Because it feels good to have people write and tell me they like reading my blog, it helps my self-esteem.

People with chronic illnesses have to find a way to make themselves feel better. I guess this is my way of feeling better about myself and in the process I pray I am helping others.

My goal now is to share how to view our illness in a positive way. God has chosen us to take on this challenge and it is up to us to make peace with it and then transcend all our emotions and feelings with a full understanding of what his plan is. I believe he wanted me to share my own experience, share tools and information. I wanted to go into social work my first year in college. As soon as I was given cases to work on, my empathy was too strong and I could not help anyone without crying. That was the end of that dream.

While I enjoyed my career and found it to be a great learning experience, I wasn’t doing what I originally wanted to do. So, maybe this is God’s way of granting me the opportunity to help others. Here are some questions to ask yourself and I would like others to give me feedback.

1). Has this illness changed my personality?

2). I know I had to make lifestyle changes? Would they have happened for another reason? Perhaps due to age, wisdom or life experiences?

3). Am I accepting my path in life?

4). The choice is mine, am I embracing this illness and learning to think about all the other great miracles in my life? I do have many things to be grateful for, so am I focusing on those things? If not? Why not?

I hope and pray that my babbling today has helped someone today. Please respond and give me feedback.

Fibro Viv

No comments: